BORED WITH ROUTINE OR BEING A COUCH POTATO?
Looking to get fit but not a fan of the treadmill?
Ryu Ju Jutsu is a fun way to challenge yourself, learn some handy self-defence skills and get fit in the process! As a not for profit organisation, you will find that we’re great value. Come along and have a go at something truly different today.
So what exactly is Ryu Ju Jutsu?
Ryu Ju Jutsu is a modern eclectic form of traditional Japanese Ju Jutsu, which simply described is:
- A system of defensive techniques, which use an attacker’s energy against them
- Traditionally based – with spectacular traditional throws
- Locks, strikes and throws adapted for the modern day
There are no physical requirements for the study of Ryu Ju Jutsu; it is for ALL people of all ages, sexes, sizes, regardless of political / religious persuasion, race or colour of skin. One of its greatest attributes is its adaptability, allowing people to find a technique with which they can gain confidence and prowess.
The only requirement for Ju Jutsu is open-mindedness and a willingness to learn.
Sounds great, but why should I learn it?
Ryu Ju Jutsu is a defensive martial art, it is an excellent form of exercise for both mind and body, and regular training will give you improved:
- Well-being for men and women
- Flexibility, strength, fitness, co-ordination and posture
- Concentration and mental control
- Confidence and leadership skills
We believe that Ryu Ju Jutsu has something to offer everyone. Whether you’re a ‘I’ve never set foot in a gym in my life’ type or a total fitness fanatic, the best way to see what we’re about is to come and have a go yourself.